It has been brought to my attention this past week just how empty and pretentious law students can be. All in the race to be a part of society's "better off" end. Conniving yet dedicated, when asked why law, most just offer a slight shrug and the ever so popular "for the money." A sacrificing profesion none the less, it is not for the weak at heart. The work load alone promises the loss of many precious moments of life, moments just spent reading cases and reviewing convictions. There is no passion in law anymore, no more seeking the truth and satisfying justice. The ethic of the profesion has lost its essence. Now I am not a "lawyer hater", the type of person that believes the whole "lawyer/liar" shadow that has been cast upon the profession. I can criticise it because I am a part of it, I am not exempt, I am a law student in her first year. One of the few that entered the profession all bright eyed and bushytailed ready to seek justice for those who don't understand how the system works. But being in that environment has wounded me, my views on life were shifted and had I not noticed perhaps I would have slowly but eventually turned into one of them. I feel like im not living, like i've stunted my personal growth, I actually started caring about my image, about what they thought, and I hate myself for it, for having been so weak.
Now to all those that knew me in college, the tatooed, pierced, camera toting, art loving, soul searching, non-conformist, procastinator, film buff, I am not dead. I was just burried under piles of new clothes, long hair and coach handbags. Im just currently numb from the excesive work load, tons of stress and lack of living. I need to change that. I need to feel alive. I need to feel. But I need to do it a diffrent way, a half breed kind of way because I wasn't as bold enough to go up against society and rebel yet I didn't conform to it either. Im going to work the system from the inside, and that is essential in society as well.
So to all those free spirited non conformists who did not fall into the depth of society's whims, the ones who followed their dreams as far fetched as they might have seemed without caring what anybody thought, this blog is for you. You are the true shifters of society even with claims that you are not a part of it, It is you who give me hope that love and beauty still exist in human form. It is for all the aspiring, artists, writers, photographers, musicians and film directors that I am going to sacrifice three years of my life just reading cases and dealing with boring shallow people, so that someday I can defend your work, your art your life from the greedy hands of the "upper class."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Bueno lo más probable ya hayas leido o visto To Kill a Mockingbird pero tu post me lo recordó, ahora tengo ganas de verla o algo así, porque no tengo tiempo para leer jaj. Another good courtroom drama es The Verdict, ese creo que es el mejor que he visto en mi vida.
wtf, eso no fue anónimo, eso fui yo!
Salia antes que habias sido tu... no se que habra pasado :s
Ahhhh si cambiaste a beta blogger pues todos los comments antes del cambio salen anónimos.
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Canadian imitrex 25mg imdur Without prescription codeine RX amaryl RX wellbutrin Generic luvox
Post a Comment